Thursday, September 29, 2011

Reflections

Well, I've survived 2 weeks of Meagan being half way around the world in the Philippines. Yes, I've had my moments where I break down and cry but it's getting better. So far we've gotten to FaceTime with then once a week because they've been so busy. But Meagan said they'll be home the next couple of weeks so we can talk more!

It's been reallyneat hearing all about the different things in the Philippines; transportation, food, way of life and so on.

This last weekend they visited Sunrise Christian College for Dr. O'Neal 9the pres of OC). Meagan said it really wasn't a college but a Christian school for elementary - college. She also said the the people there are fascinated with her hair and skin color. And that they have products there to whiten their skin! pretty crazy! They are doing some medical mission work today.

I've really learned some life lessons since Meagan and David have left. About a couple weeks before they left for the Philippines a friend of mine's daughter left to move out of state to go to grad school. Well, she made the comment that her daughter moving was worse than mine moving. I took that statement very hard and cried for weeks on thinking how could she be so cruel. But after talking to a really good and supportive friend last night at church I've reached this conclusion. She is right our kids moving are not the same, but niether one is more worse than the other. It still hurts a mother's heart whether our kids move across town, out of state or out of the country even if it's just for a couple of months, years or forever. We jsut have to know that we've raised our children to the best of our ability and that they will be best that they can be. As they get older we won't always be there to pick them up and dust them off if they fall, sometimes they need to dust themselves off and figure out things on their own.   Boy, I'm hoping this is making sense!

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment